Two months into our relationship you once asked me how much I loved you and I just said “From here”. You didn’t get it and you got mad and thought I was playing around.
Breaking up after almost two years together, I sent you a message 6 months later saying “To Here”.
You still didn’t get it.
this hit me hard
fuck this broke my heart
I hold my own hands.
I brew my own coffee in the morning.
There’s nothing better than being in love with yourself,
no one else will know your knobs and windows
and junk drawers.
Tell people to view you as nothing but a miracle.
After centuries upon centuries of evolution and mistake
and more evolution, you are here.
Don’t take it for granted like I did, building up
years of self-hatred because the curve of my collarbone
is not the shape of a bow.
Let it be known you are a miracle, an off-chance
of evolution, compiled of stardust and greatness.
I touch my own cheeks when I need to remember
what beautiful things feel like.
I open my own doors, I write myself love poems.
People say there is a perfect half waiting for you,
but it’s already there.
It’s my left side, my locked wardrobe, the cold
side of the pillow.
It’s the dormant part of you that holds the other one
high enough to see over the horizon.
things girls do that I love:
- offer their friends sips of their coffee drinks without being asked
- scratch each others back
- say things like “smell this lotion I bought this weekend”
- compliment each other’s eyebrows
- that thing when they agree with you and their eyes get really wide and they nod their head solemnly
- throw out each others gum wrappers or chip bags when they get up